Why Windows 10 update 1803 failed to install?
By Windows Support
Date : Nov 22, 2018
Views : 114
Comments : 0
Category : windows
Windows 10 update 1803 was launched on 30 April 2018. Just like various other updates, there are certain Windows 10 1803 update issues, which is why some users fail to install it on their computer system. One of the reasons why people experience Windows 10 update failure is that when the update is downloaded and installed on the computer system, the PC reboots. During the reboot, the system gets stuck either during the installation or gets stuck at the main logo.
Force download 1803 update to fix Windows 10 1803 update issues
The update folder is the area where new Windows updates are kept once they are downloaded. In several cases, the contents present in software distribution folder get corrupted and create problems at the time of installation and download of updates.This problem can be resolved by removing the folder of software distribution together with its contents, so that the Windows start downloading the updates again.
Here are some of the steps that you have to follow in order to fix the issue of Windows 10 update 1803 fails to install:
- Press R key and Windows key together at the same time for opening up the run command box
- Enter services.msc command and then click on OK.
- Now, a list of services will appear in front of you. There, find the Windows update service.
- After that, open up the properties by double clicking on them.
- Select the Disabled startup type and then click on OK.
- Reboot your system
- Now, launch explorer and go to the folder of C:\Windows
- Now, find the software distribution folder and then remove it.
- Reboot your system. After following all these steps you will be able to solve the problem of Windows 10 update 1803 fails to install.
Run the Troubleshooter
If you are facing the issue of Windows 10 1803 update failed, then you can use Windows update troubleshooter prior to going to the Windows settings. The troubleshooter will search out the issue with your computer system. Here are some of the steps to follow.
- Move to the Start menu and enter “Windows Setting” in it.
- Launch the “Windows setting”, then move to update and security and then finally Troubleshoot.
- Now, go to the option of Windows update and launch the Troubleshooter.
- Reboot your system once the process gets completed.
Use the method of system restore to stop Windows 10 1803 update stuck
Whenever you install a fresh window, then system restore is used. It has default Windows settings. You can use the system restore point by using applications such as photoshop. Here are some of the steps that you can follow for manual system restore:
- Go to start menu and type Advanced System Settings and then press enter.
- Now, move to system protection and then create.
- Type a name in it and then hit on create.
- This is not going to take more than 30 seconds.
By following these methods mentioned above, you can resolve your issue of Windows 10 1803 update stuck. If you come across such trouble once again, then you can try out other methods as well to solve the problem of Windows 10 1803 update failed.