Why Windows 10 Is Slower Than Windows 7?
By Windows Support
Date : Oct 31, 2018
Views : 23
Comments : 0
Category : Window
If you are one of the users having Windows 10 operating system on the personal computers, then you must be well aware of the issue of Windows 10 slower than Windows 7. Large number of people has experienced slow Windows 10 OS performance. For example, it takes around 3 seconds to refresh or for the start menu to open up after clicking. Such kinds of problems were not seen while operating Windows 7.
As per the solutions suggested by the Microsoft community, the slow performance issue of Windows 10 can be solved by making certain changes in the page file settings. These settings can significantly improve the efficiency of the system. So, in order to fix Windows 10 slow performance, it is advisable for you to make changes in the page file settings.
Go to page file control for improving Windows 10 performance
If you are bothered by the lagging performance of Windows 10 or Windows 10 Feels a lot slower than 7, then here is a guide that you can take a look at. Windows 10 slower than Windows 8 or 7 can be very unsettling and hence it is important to look for immediate solutions.
- Go to the Start Menu and then select Control Panel.
- On the top right side, you will observe the field of view. Now, write performance on it and click on the search icon.
- Now, look for the button of adjust appearance and performance of Windows.
- After that, navigate towards the advanced tab and then click on the option of change in the section of virtual memory.
- Now, to Fix Windows 10 Slow Performance, deselect the option of “Automatically manage paging file size for all drives.”
- After that, select custom size in the C drive i.e. the location where Windows 10 has been installed.
- Now, make changes in the maximum and initial size as shown up by the Windows.
- Once these steps are completed, hit set button and click on “OK” for making changes in the settings.
- In order to bring the changes into effect, reboot your PC. This will permanently resolve your issue of Windows 10 slower than Windows 7 or 8.
So, this was all about How to fix Windows 10 slow performance issues. Once the performance level of your system starts improving, you will not experience any issues associated with Windows 10. We hope that this method turns out to be beneficial for you. We are sure that your problem of Windows 10 Feels a lot slower than 7 will not arise now.