Why is my windows 10 not activated?
By Windows Support
Date : Nov 13, 2018
Views : 151
Comments : 0
Category : windows
If you are one of the users experiencing the problem of Windows 10 suddenly not activating, then read the article given below. Before we jump on to the main topic, we must get some knowledge about Windows 10.
Windows 10 operating system was launched in the year 2015. Initially, Microsoft incorporation declared it as a free upgrade for all the users who earlier had Windows 7 operating system. Under this system, no one was required to acquire a new product key. This could lead to some difficulty in case you are forced to reinstall Windows 10.
If you wish to know how to activate Windows10, then here are some of the ways that you can take a look at.
Check whether Windows 10 OS is activated or not?
If you are worried what happens if Windows 10 is not activated, then these are some of the things that you can do.
- The activation status can be checked by opening up the Settings. Go to the Start icon and open up your settings.
- After that, move to Update and Security and then go to activation.
- When you do so, a number of links will appear in front of you and that will help you out in resolving your activation problems.
Troubleshooting problems faced during Windows 10 activation
If you are also facing the problem of windows 10 suddenly not activated, then one of the reasons responsible for that is troubleshooting problems.
- The section of activation in settings will give you required amount of details to understand why Windows 10 is not activating. You can also try connecting your system to a separate network. So, change from Ethernet to Wi-Fi.
- To deal with windows 10 activation error 0x803f7001, you can also try updating Windows 10 to the most advanced version. Use the option of Windows Update to perform this step. For that, go to settings and then update and security and then finally Windows Update.
- If you were aware of how to activate Windows 10 earlier and you start experiencing this problem later. Then, it can be because of changes made in the hardware. Particularly, when you change hardware like motherboard.
- It is necessary to activate windows 10 again, so that the user does not use the same key on different computer systems. So, if you replace a processor or motherboard, then it is similar to bringing a brand new PC home.
- One of the ways to deal with Windows 10 suddenly not activated is to replace the product key and then enter it. In case you do not have the product key, then you contact Microsoft technical support team.
- You can also go to the activation page mentioned in the settings and troubleshoot link by clicking on it.
So these are some of the problems that a user goes through when he or she faces windows 10 activation error 0x803f7001. After following all these methods you won’t be worried about what happens if windows 10 is not activated.