How do I turn on quick access in Windows 10?
By Windows Support
Date : Nov 15, 2018
Views : 146
Comments : 0
Category : windows
If you are one of the users going through the problem of Windows 10 quick access not working, then you have come to the right place as we have a solution to your problem. Whenever we talk about quick access malfunctioning problems, then the worst thing is not being able to access files and folders in a normal manner. Also, some of the people have mentioned that they have tried out system restoring but it didn’t work out. Instead, they lost some of their programs and files. So, if your quick access in Windows 10 is not working, then these are some of the methods that you can use.
How to turn on quick access in Windows 10?
In case you observe quick access not working in a proper manner, then you can try disabling it and then enabling it again. You can also remove some of the app files.
- Open up the file explorer and then go to view and then options. After that, move to change folders and then finally search options.
- After opening up the folders options, you need to uncheck 2 options which includes “Show frequently used folders in Quick Access” or “present previously used files in Quick Access” by going to the privacy settings.
- Then, to solve the problem of Quick Access not working in Windows 10 go to Clear and click on it. Now, all the file explore history will be deleted. Then click OK.
How to get rid of Windows 10 quick access not working?
Quick Access not working in Windows 10 problem generally arises when it is lagging or taking a lot of time in loading. Moreover, clear the history of file explorer at the time of disabling quick access. Additionally, you need to perform the step of unpinning big folders such as Windows, Downloads, and Desktop etc. If you wish to select a folder and unpin it, then all you have to do is to just right click on that folder and select "Unpin from Quick Access".
Use recovery software for quick access contents
If you want to resolve your Windows 10 quick access not working problem, then you also have an option of using data recovery software. Here are some of the steps that you can follow in order to launch it.
- Download data recovery wizard on the computer system you have.
- Now, use the recovery tool you downloaded to locate and recover lost information.
- After that, select a location to store all the information or a particular folder where the information was lost. Now, click on the button of scan.
- Once the scan is over, find the files and folders that can be recovered from the list of results displayed on the screen.
- Now, choose the files and click on the button of recover.
- Make sure that you don’t choose the original drive for saving all the information.
So, these are some of the ways through which you can turn on quick access Windows 10. We hope that the above solution aids you in resolving your Windows 10 quick access not working problem.