How do I fix error code 0x80004005 in Windows 10?
By Windows Support
Date : Tue 11, 2018
Views : 93
Comments : 0
Category : Window
If you are using a Windows operating system, facing issues like blue screen, application failure or crashes are very common which shows that the windows is dealing with some sort of error codes at that point of time.These error codes could hassle the users and corrupt other files in the system as well. If you are getting any of the windows error codes you can contact Windows Tech Support and our experts will help you out within a short frame of time.
We will now be discussing about Error Code 0x80004005 in Windows 10 and ways to resolve it. We will try to castle our discussion in an easy way so that most of the users could resolve the error code. Following are some measures to resolve Error Code 0x80004005 in Windows 10;
- You can run DISM command to clear this error code;
If your window file is corrupt because of error code 0x80004005, you can use DISM command to repair the system. You can do that by following the steps below;
- Open the task bar of your windows and go to command prompt. Use the command prompt and run it as admin yo get elevated command permissions.
- Type the following command net stop wuauserv.
- Now type net stop bits following by another command net stop cryptsvc
- Now, wait for a few minutes until the commands get cleared.
- Once the command is cleared, you have to rename the windows folders.
- Now type the following command ren %systemroot%System32Catroot2 Catroot2.old followed by another command i.e ren %systemroot%SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
- Close the command prompt and check for windows updates
- Using the SFC command
- The SFC command will be sfc /scannow. It will start the verification phase of system.
- Wait for sometime until the command is cleared. Once the command is cleared, you will get a message “Windows resource did not find any integrity violation”.
- Exit the command prompt and run the windows update. We assure you that your system will get rid of this error code.
- Use Windows troubleshooter to fix this issue
Users can also troubleshoot their systems to get rid of this issue. You can troubleshoot your system following these simple steps.
- Open the control panel on your system and go to “system and security”.
- Click on “Fix problems with windows update”.
- Go to Advanced settings and run as administrator.
- Click on next to apply automatic changes.
- Click the close button to view troubleshooting changes.
- Replace Dpcdll.dll file
- The windows error code 0x80004005 in Windows 10 occurs when the Dpcdll.dll file is missing. You can copy this file from a freshly installed system to %SystemRoot%System32Dpcdll.dll.